FAQ for IMGT1 (Landmannalaugar – Þórsmörk)
What type of sleeping bag do I need for this trek? What temperature rating do I need?
- Down or fiber. Light weight and warm. We recommend goose down with high “fill power” or top of the line synthetic bags.
Is it possible to rent a sleeping bag for the tour?
- Yes, it is possible. The prices pr. sleeping bag is: 6.850 for the trip
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to rent a sleeping bag.
If I’m travelling alone do I need to share tent with another person?
- Yes the price is based on two persons sharing a tent but you can have a single tent for the price of 10.000 ISK
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to book a single tent option.
What kind of mattresses do you provide?
- We provide comfortable self-inflating mattresses with good insolation
Is it possible to take a shower on the camp sites?
- Yes, it is possible in Landmannalaugar, Álftavatn (Day 2), Emstrur (Day 3) and Þórsmörk (day 4) it costs 500 ISK pr. shower and you can only pay cash.
Is it possible to charge batteries and phones on the campsites?
- It is possible to charge batteries and phones in the huts by the campsites. This costs 500 ISK pr. battery charge. Again, you can only pay cash. The solarpower is dependant of weather so it is not guaratied.
Can Icelandic Mountain Guides accommodate dietary requirements due to allergy or religious reasons?
- Yes, we can accommodate such requirements. We can also provide vegetarian, vegan or gluten free diet for extra cost of 1.500 ISK per dayrequirements.
Meeting point and time
- Meeting point is inside the BSI central bus station.
- A representative from Icelandic Mountain Guides will be inside the terminal standing next to a sign that says „Meeting Point“. Please approach the representative and let him know you have arrived.
- Meeting time is at 7:15 am.
- We offer the service of picking passengers up from their accommodation in the greater Reykjavík area and driving them to the meeting point – the BSI Bus terminal.
- If you have arranged a pick up through our company, you will be picked up from your accommodation between 6:45 and 07:00 am.
How much luggage do we carry during the hikes?
- All of your larger luggage is transported for you between huts by the support vehicle.
- You have to carry your daypack which needs to contain some extra clothes, (e.g. rain coat, rain trousers, extra socks, gloves, hat etc.), water bottle, food for the day and river crossing shoes (not on day 1 though).
River crossing shoes – what type?
- The most important thing when choosing shoes for crossing the rivers is to have shoes with good grip since the bottom of the rivers can be very slippery and/or rocky.
- We recommend passengers to bring either an old pair of sneakers or a pair of sturdy sandals for crossing the rivers. The sneakers don’t dry easily though and can be a heavy addition to your backpack.
- Note: The rivers can be very cold so bring warm socks such as neoprene socks.
What is included and what is not included in the price?
- Guide for 4 days, food for 4 days (from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 4), transportation to and from Reykjavík, tents, mattresses, communal camping equipment and cooking gear, camping fees and transfer of luggage during the trek.
- Not included
- International flights to and from Iceland, transportation between Keflavík airport and Reykjavík, accommodation in Reykjavík before and after the trek, transportation to and from meeting point, sleeping bag.
- You can read all about our cancellation policy on our website here.
Do you require a full payment at the time of booking?
- Yes, we do. It is not possible to pay a deposit or confirmation fee.
Do passengers assist with preparing breakfast and dinner during the trek?
- This is by no means necessary but guides always welcome assistance with breakfast and dinner from passengers.
Is it possible to leave extra luggage somewhere back in Reykjavík while on the trip?
- If you are staying at the same hotel / guesthouse before and after the trek then you can leave your extra luggage there for no extra charge.
- The BSI Bus terminal can also store your bags for 500 ISK pr. bag pr. day.
Do all departures have an English speaking guide?
Is it possible to take a bath in the hot spring in Landmannalaugar?
How much is the pick-up and drop off option?
- The price is 5.000 ISK total
- If you have arranged for a pick-up, you will be picked up from your accommodation in Reykjavík or the Reykjavík area between 6:45 and 07:00
- The tour ends at the Reykjavik BSI central bus station
- The tour starts at the BSI central bus station at 07:15
- The minimum age of participants on this trek is 16 years.
If you have any other questions about this tour, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org