Cross Country Skiing Tours Greenland
- Equipment list for Cross Country Skiing Tours in Greenland except the Greenland Crossing.
(Cross Country skiing = Nordic Skiing)
Boots and Clothing:
- Ski boots with soft but robust sole. The boots should be either of leather or soft plastic like the Scarpa T3 / T4 or the Garmont Excursion with 75 mm toe, NNN BC or SNS XADV Raid.
- Long sleeve shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Long Johns (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Light wool sweater or fleece (2nd layer).
- Warm Jacket – Wool or fleece (3rd layer).
- Trousers (2nd layer) – Strong, light and quick drying.
- Rain Jacket or an Anorak with hood – Waterproof and breathable.
- Rain trousers – Waterproof and breathable material.
- Gloves – Wool or synthetic.
- Mittens for cold days.
- Socks – Wool or synthetic. Two or three pairs.
- Warm hat and/or balaclava – Wool or synthetic.
- Down Jacket / Parkar.
- Sleeping Bag – Down or synthetic. Aim for light weight and warm bag. Goose down with high “fill power” or top of the line synthetic bags are recommended.
- Backpack for extra clothes and food during the day Size: 30-50 liters (1800 - 3000 cu in).
- Ski Goggles.
- Sun Protection.
- Camera equipment – Incl. spare batteries, memory card.
- Towel (light and packable), toothbrush, ear pluggs and other personal belongings items.
- Prescription medication.
- Nordic touring / Cross country skies (min width of 50 mm) with steel edges and strong but lightweight bindings, e.g. Rottefella 75 mm, NNN BC or SNS XADV Raid.
- Skins covering the whole ski length and width.
- Ski poles, strongest with a big basket.
- Gaiters – Calf or knee height and wide enough for the boots.