Cross Country Skiing Tours Winter Camping
- Equipment list for Cross Country Skiing Tours
(Cross Country skiing = Nordic Skiing)
For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops and bottoms! Also respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
Boots and Clothing:
- Ski boots with soft but robust sole. The boots should be either of leather or soft plastic like the Scarpa T3 / T4 or the Garmont Excursion with 75 mm toe, NNN BC or SNS XADV Raid.
- Long sleeve shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Long Johns (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Light wool sweater or fleece (2nd layer).
- Warm Jacket – Wool or fleece (3rd layer).
- Trousers (2nd layer) – Strong, light and quick drying.
- Rain Jacket or an Anorak with hood – Waterproof and breathable material. Gore-Tex or equivalents are preferable.
- Pants – Waterproof and breathable material.
- Gloves – Wool or synthetic.
- Mittens – Wool or synthetic.
- Socks – Wool or synthetic. Two or three pairs.
- Warm hat and/or Balaclava.
- Puffy jacket.
- Sleeping Bag – Down or synthetic. Aim for light weight and warm bag. Goose down with high “fill power” or top of the line synthetic bags are recommended. You will need one rated with comfort level down to -25°C or colder according to EN13537 standard.
- Backpack – woman size: 50-60 liters - man size 60-75 liters.
- Sunglasses – Big enough to cover the eyes and with sufficient UV-protection.
- Ski Goggles.
- Sun Protection.
- Camera equipment – Incl. spare batteries, memory card.
- Towel (light and packable), toothbrush, ear pluggs etc.
- Prescription medication.
- Nordic touring / Cross country skies (min width of 50 mm) with steel edges and strong but lightweight bindings, e.g. Rottefella 75 mm, NNN BC or SNS XADV Raid.
- Skins covering the whole ski length and width.
- Ski poles, strong with a big basket.
- Gaiters – Calf or knee height and wide enough for the boots.