Equipment list - Discovery Adventure
Equipment list for Discovery Adventures
For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops and bottoms! Also respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity – this includes jeans and t-shirts. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
Boots and Clothing:
- Hiking boots – light hiking boots with waterproofing and ankle support are preferred.
- Long and short sleeve thermal underwear – Wool or synthetic.
- Rain Jacket with a good hood– Preferably waterproof and breathable material.
- Hiking pants.
- Rain trousers – Waterproof and breathable material.
- Gloves – Wool or synthetic.
- Socks – two to three pairs of hiking socks - Wool or synthetic.
- Warm hat – Wool or synthetic.
- Backpack for clothes and items used during the day. Size: 20-30 litres.
- Duffel bag for your overnight gear, preferably not a suit-case.
- Towel – light weight and packable.
- Sunglasses and sun protection.
- Water bottle.
- Casual clothes / change of clothes.
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc.
- Swim suit (depends on tour).
Tours in huts:
- Sleeping bag – A basic sleeping bag with no specific temperature rating is sufficient for summer tours. Good summer sleeping bag will do for winter tours in huts (depending on tour).
- Headlamp for reading and getting around the hut.
- Walking pole(s).
- Pen knife.
- Sun/rain Hat or a Cap.
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films.
- Puffy jacket to throw on during stops (e.g. Primaloft or down)
- Slippers for indoor use.
- Aperitif or other heart-warming spirits (huts).
Should you have any questions regarding this equipment list or the equipment on our tours feel free to contact email@example.com.