Equipment List: Ski Mountaineering & Alpine Touring
For your own wellbeing and safety, we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, especially that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
- Touring skis (AT – Telemark – Split-board)
- Ski boots
- Skins, cut for the skis, in good working conditions.
- Ski poles
- Avalanche beacon, probe, and shovel
- Small first AID kit including a blister kit
- Ski socks
- Warm underwear / wool or synthetics
- Pants, e.g soft-shell
- Light fleece jacket
- A soft-shell jacket or other windproof and breathable layer.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Light puffy jacket (e.g. down or Primaloft).
- Warm hat.
- Water bottle/thermos (1 – 2 liters total).
- Gloves – two pairs thin and thick
- Sun block, lip balm, etc.
- Back-pack with straps for skis (30 – 40 liters) / (1800 - 2500 cu in)
- Ski helmet (optional)
- Ski strap
- Favorite sweets / energy bars (optional)
Ski-Mountaineering Tours (e.g. Hvannadalshnukur climbs). The mountaineering equipment is included in the IMG trips on most occasions we provide.
Overnight gear: The style of accommodations varies between different IMG tours. Consider the following:
- Comfortable clothes for indoor use and non-skiing activities.
- Any medication
- Sleeping bag – (Only for IMG55)
- Headlamp - (Only for IMG55)
- Bathing gear (most tours in Iceland)
- Aperitif or likewise (optional)