IMG53 Landmannalaugar in Winter
What type of sleeping bag do I need for this tour? What temperature rating do I need?
- A basic sleeping bag with no specific temperature rating is sufficient for this trek since the hut is heated.
Is it possible to rent a sleeping bag for the tour?
- Yes, it is possible. The price pr. sleeping bag is 7.500 ISK
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to rent a sleeping bag.
What are the sleeping arrangements like in the hut?
- The rooms have bunks and twin beds. Passengers have to be prepared to share a bunk with other travellers from the group. Some rooms also have a continuous line of beds in them.
Is it possible to take a shower in the hut?
- No, the showers are not operational during winter
Is it possible to charge batteries and phones in the hut?
- No, there is no electricity there during winter.
Can we take a bath in the hot spring?
- Yes, it is possible. It’s very close to the hut and a welcome relaxation after a day of skiing.
Can Icelandic Mountain Guides accommodate dietary requirements due to allergy or religious reasons?
- Yes, we can accommodate such requirements. We can also accommodate vegetarian dietary requirements.
- Gluten free and Vegan diet will cost a little extra – 1.500 ISK pr. day.
Will we ski on day 1?
- Yes, so you need to be wearing some of the clothes you need for skiing and pack in such a way that you can quickly put on the rest of the gear..
Meeting point and time
- You will be picked up from your accommodation in Reykjavík between 8:30 and 9:00 am.
Is it possible to rent skis through you?
- Yes, it is possible. The price for skis, skins, poles and shoes is 16.000 ISK
- If you are renting skis through us, you will need to send us your height and shoe size.
- It would be best if participants would at least bring their own shoes if they are renting skis.
- We always recommend that people bring their own gear.
- Fitting of the skis will have to be the day before the trip so make sure you arrive in Iceland at least 24 hours prior to departure.
What is included and what is not included in the price?
- Included:Guide for 6 days, food for 6 days (from lunch day one to lunch day six), sleeping bag accommodation in a mountain hut, cooking gear, transportation..
- Not included: International flights to and from Iceland, transportation between Keflavík airport and Reykjavík, accommodation in Reykjavík before and after the tour, ski equipment.
- You can read all about our cancellation policy on our website here.
Do you require a full payment at the time of booking?
- Yes, we do. It is not possible to pay a deposit or confirmation fee.
Do passengers assist with preparing breakfast and dinner during the tour?
- This is by no means necessary but guides always welcome assistance from passengers with preparing meals and washing up after.
Is it possible to leave extra luggage somewhere back in Reykjavík while on the trip?
- If you are staying at the same hotel / guesthouse before and after the trek then you can leave your extra luggage there for no extra charge.
- The BSI Bus terminal can also store your bags for 1.000 ISK pr. bag pr. day.
Do all departures have an English speaking guide?
- Yes, all departures will have an English and French speaking guide.
If you have any other questions about this tour, you can contact us at