Elín Lóa hails from Ísafjörður but spent most of her life in Mosfellsbær. She has also lived in Ecuador, Cuba, and Hawaii. She started doing hiking tours in the summer of 2010 but only part time. She has been a full time member of the IMG team since April 2015. Being a guide combined many of the things that she loves to do. It was also a way of living outside of Reykjavík, which allowed her to explore Iceland, work in the mountains, and meet interesting people.
Before joining the IMG team, she was a hut warden, park ranger in Askja, and worked in a youth center. Her interests include traveling, photography, and languages. Elín Lóa’s favorite places in Iceland are her family’s old house Vonarland in Djúpið in the Westfjords and Askja in the north of Iceland.
Her professional qualifications/experience include:
- Wilderness First Responder
- Level 2 Hard Ice Guide (Jökla 3)
- Member of ICE-SAR rescue team, HSSR division.
- Adventure Sport Certificate from Thompsons River University and Keilir
- Guiding diploma from EHÍ
- Rescue 3 - Swiftwater rescue technician