Cross Country Skiing Tours - mountain hut
- Equipment list for Cross Country Skiing Tours
(Cross Country skiing / Nordic Skiing)
For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops and bottoms! Also respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
Boots and Clothing:
- Sturdy ski boots that fit your binding system.
- Long sleeve shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Long Johns (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Light wool or fleece sweater (2nd layer).
- Warm Jacket – Wool or fleece (3rd layer).
- Trousers – Strong and light material that dries quickly e.g. soft-shell.
- Jacket with a good hood – Wind and waterproof, breathable material; e.g. Gore-Tex or comparable.
- Pants/bibs – wind and waterproof, e.g. Gore-tex or comparable.
- Gloves, 2 – 3 pairs of different thickness.
- Mittens – waterproof with good insulation.
- Socks – Wool or synthetic. Two or three pairs.
- Warm hat and/or Balaclava.
- Puffy jacket (e.g. Primaloft or down)
- Sleeping Bag – Down or synthetic. Aim for light weight and warm bag. Goose down with high “fill power” or top of the line synthetic bags are recommended.
- Backpack (day-tours) for extra clothes and food during the day. Size: 20-30 L (1200 - 2000 cu in).
- Ski Goggles.
- Sun Protection.
- Towel – light weight and packable.
- Change of clothes – e.g. long and short underwear, clothes for the hut.
- Water container – thermos flask or water bottle 1 – 2L.
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card.
- Personal first aid kit – including blister care.
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, earplugs etc.
- Swim suit (depends on tour).
- Head lamp.
- Nordic touring / Cross country skies (min width of 50 mm) with steel edges and strong but lightweight bindings, e.g. Rottefella 75 mm, NNN BC or SNS XADV Raid.
- Skins covering the whole ski length and width in good working conditions.
- Extra glue (adhesive) for skins.
- Ski poles, strong with a big basket.
- Wax/Klister – depending on your type of ski.
- Gaiters (optional) – Calf or knee height and wide enough for the boots.
- Dry-bags for electronics and extra clothing.
- Heart-warming spirits.
- Light slippers for indoor use.
Should you have any questions regarding this equipment list or the equipment on our tours feel free to contact email@example.com. Our Gear Lexicon also contains more information on clothing and gear for this tour.