Ski Mountaineering / Alpine Touring
For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops and bottoms! Also respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity – this includes jeans and t-shirts. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
- Touring skis (AT – Telemark – Split-board)
- Ski boots
- Skins, cut for the skis, in good working conditions.
- Ski poles
- Avalanche beacon, probe and shovel
- Small first AID kit including a blister kit
- Ski socks
- Warm underwear / wool or synthetics
- Pants, e.g soft-shell
- Light fleece jacket
- Soft-shell jacket or other wind proof and breathable layer.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Light puffy jacket (e.g. down or primaloft).
- Warm hat.
- Water bottle / thermos (1 – 2 liters total).
- Gloves – two pairs thin and thick
- Sun block, lip balm etc.
- Back-pack with straps for skis (30 – 40 liters)
- Ski helmet (optional)
- Ski strap
- Favorite sweets / energy bars (optional)
Ski-mountaineering tours (e.g. Hvannadalshnukur climbs). The mountaineering equipment is included in the IMG trips on most occasions when needed.
Overnight gear: The style of accommodations varies between different IMG tours. Consider the following:
- Comfortable clothes for indoor use and non-skiing activities.
- Any medication
- Sleeping bag – (Note: Only for IMG55)
- Bathing gear (most tours in Iceland)
- Aperitif or likewise (optional)