Equipment list for The Three Peaks Challenge IMG441
For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops and bottoms! Also respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity – this includes jeans and t-shirts. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
Boots and Clothing:
- Sturdy Hiking Boots - waterproof and with ankle support – crampon compatible boots are not required.
- Long sleeve shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- T-shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Light wool or fleece sweater (2nd layer).
- Trousers – Strong and light material that dries quickly e.g. soft-shell.
- Jacket with a good hood – windproof, waterproof and breathable.
- Rain trousers – windproof, waterproof and breathable. Please note that full raingear is mandatory in Iceland.
- Light Gloves – Wool or synthetic (polypropylene / polyester).
- Warm Gloves – e.g. ski gloves or mittens.
- Socks – Wool or synthetic. Two or three pairs.
- Warm hat – Wool or synthetic.
- Gaiters – Calf or knee height and wide enough for your boots.
- Duffel bag for the transport of your overnight gear between accommodations. Please avoid bringing a suitcase!
- Backpack for extra clothes and food during the day. 30 – 40L (1700 – 2500 cu in)
- Sleeping bag – A basic sleeping bag with no specific temperature rating is sufficient for this tour.
- Towel – light weight and packable.
- Sunglasses & sun protection rated for glacier travel.
- Water containers – thermos flask or water bottles totalling in volume of about 2 - 3 L.
- Casual clothes and changes of clothes.
- Personal first aid kit – including blister care.
- Prescription medication and other personal health items,
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc.
- Walking pole(s).
- Pen knife.
- Sun/rain Hat or a Cap. Shorts
- Thermal mat (for lunch breaks).
- Puffy jacket (e.g. Primaloft or down).
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films.
- Dry-bags for electronics and extra clothing.
- Slippers for indoor use.
- Aperitif or other heart-warming spirits.
- Swim suit (depends on tour).
Should you have any questions regarding this equipment list or the equipment on our tours feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.