Emma was born in Brittany in the latter half of last century. While her French heritage gave her an appreciation of good food, her British heritage is best reflected in an unconditional love for stupid jokes and British comedy.
In 2008, she came to Iceland for the first time and after traveling some more, finally settled here 3 years later.
Working as a museum guide in the south of Iceland for a couple of years, Emma decided to extend her knowledge of the country and in 2013, certified as a hiking guide from Menntaskóli í Kópavogi. She started working for IMG the same summer. While her main job is an all-year-round office job, she takes leave in the summer to spend time guiding and likes nothing more than being in the highlands and sharing the startling beauty of her adoptive country.
Her professional qualifications/experience include:
- Wilderness First Responder
- Hiking guide certification
- Speaking several languages, sometimes at the same time.
Reviews from clients
- "Our guide Emma was excellent. Emma was very knowledgeable about Iceland and was mindful and accommodating to everyone's needs". Alex, Canada
- "Our guide Emma was excellent and I always felt safe. She was very informative about the terrain, local history, geology and readily answered our many questions. The scenery was so different every day. I'm disappointed in my photos because they don't reflect how extraordinary everything was and how I felt when I took the pictures. The food was excellent with a chance to eat Icelandic food for our meals and there was always plenty of it. I would definitely recommend your company to my friends". Lilian, England