The Peaks of Greenland - Mt. Gunnbjörn, Dome & Cone
Climb the Three Highest Peaks in Greenland!
Tour code: EXPG66
Explore the View from Top of Greenland
On this 11-day alpine touring ski expedition the aim is to ski and climb the three highest peaks in Greenland and other smaller peaks. Our destination is the pristine area in the center of the Watkins Mountains that arise from the ice covered interior of Greenland. To get into this wilderness on the east coast of Greenland we fly in on a privately chartered ski plane and then establish a comfortable base camp under the slopes of impressive Mt. Gunnbjörn.
After skiing and climbing Greenland’s highest summit, Mt. Gunnbjörn, we will move our base camp for our climb of Cone and Dome, Greenland’s 2nd and 3rd highest mountains. From the third location of our base camp we will then have access to both great mountaineering and skiing.
Please note that there is a risk of delay of the flight from Greenland due to weather, a fact that has to be considered when participants plan their flight out of Iceland. Book an open ticket!
Only suitable for people physically and psychologically prepared for highly engaging experience. Expedition level. Often involves carrying your own gear.
Reykjavík domestic airport
Up to 6 per guide
1500 m (5000 ft)
“The enormity and grandeur of the landscape is something never to be forgotten.”
Greenland's three highest peaks
The 8th continental summit
Unique skiing in pristine landscape
Base Camp in the Watkins Mountains
- Experienced and qualified guide
- Flight Reykjavík - Akureyri - Reykjavík
- Private chartered ski-plane from Akureyri to the Watkins mountains and back
- Camping accommodation
- All food and cooking equipment
- Permits needed for the expedition
- Evacuation insurance for all expedition members
- Sleeping bag
- Accommodation in Reykjavík before and after the tour
- Pickup up/drop off from your accommodation in Reykjavík or nearest bus stop