Winter Adventure & Northern Lights
A winter highland experience in a Super Jeep that combines comfort and adventure.
Tour code: ILR41
Traverse the Icelandic Highlands in a Super Jeep During Winter
On this winter highland adventure tour, you will experience the best of the south coast in just 3 days. Your expert driver guide will traverse an incredibly diverse landscape at a comfortable pace in a modified 4x4 vehicle. The adventure starts off with a visit to the famous Golden Circle. See Þingvellir, a UNESCO World Heritage site, Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir hot spring. You will have a thrilling ride into the valley of the Landmannalaugar, the world third largest geothermal zone. Add in a Glacier Walk on Sólheimajökull glacier and an exploration of a stunning ice cave, and you have the ultimate south coast adventure. If we are lucky, the Northern lights may come out and grace us with a spectacular show.
Departures with a french speaking guide upon request.
Note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore sightings can not be guaranteed.
Accessible to all people in good health.
Dec - Apr
4 - 12 participants
Touring in a Super-Jeep
Gaze for the Northern Lights
Geysir in Winter
Visit the Secret Ice Cave
- Experienced and qualified Super - Jeep guide
- Accommodation at Hotel Fljótshlíð in double/twin rooms with breakfast
- Transportation in 4x4 Super - Jeep
- Ice cave tour and glacier walk
- Single room (single travelers and groups with odd numbers must choose the singe supplement option during the booking process)
- Accommodation in Reykjavík before and after the tour