Iceland at a Glance: South, Kjölur, Snæfellsnes
Visit the pearls of south Iceland; geysers, waterfalls, black sandy beaches and then cross the highlands to the north via the Kjolur highland route with a stop at the Hveravellir hot springs. Top it off with a visit to the Snæflellsnes peninsula.
Tour code: ISD3A
The pearls of south Iceland with Hveravellir and Snæfellsnes
An ideal road trip for those with a limited number of travel days, this trip plan covers key highlights and also takes you off the beaten track in to true Iceland. First visit the pearls of south Iceland; geysers, waterfalls, black sandy beaches and then cross the highlands to the north via the Kjolur highland route with a stop at the Hveravellir hot springs , it is possible to take a soak in this natural geothermal pool. We conclude this circle route of the south and west of Iceland by exploring the magical Snaefellsnes peninsula.
Accessible to all people in good health. Some tours involve walking for total of 1-4 hrs, sometimes on uneven terrain. These tours are most often with out carrying any or very little weight.
Jun - Sept
Travel documents are in English
Hotel or Guesthouse
Driving per day
340 - 470 km
Higland views on Kjölur piste
The Beautiful Snæfellsnes Peninsula
- 4 nights accommodation in double/twin rooms with private facilities and breakfast
- 4 days car rental (group FG) with unlimited mileage
- Insurance CDW, GP, TP, SCDW
- Airport pick up / drop off fees at Keflavík airport
- Detailed itinerary
- Optional tours and activities
- Car upgrade to group I or J
- Single room (single travelers and groups with odd numbers must choose the single supplement option during the booking process)