Snæfellsnes & the Diamonds of North Iceland
See the best of Iceland. The pearls of the north and the must sees of the south with a traverse if the highland piste of Kjölur.
Tour code: ISD5
Snæfellsnes, Mývatn and the South
This tour is a showcase of the best that Iceland has to offer. We visit Snaefellsnes peninsula which is like Iceland in miniature. In the north we travel through landscapes shaped by ice-age glaciers and stay in Iceland´s most charming town—Akureyri. One of the main highlights is Lake Myvatn, teeming bird life in volcanic surroundings: craters, lava fields, solfataras and a geothermal lagoon. Travelling south we cross the highlands via Kjolur and end the tour visiting the geysers and waterfalls of South Iceland.
Accessible to all people in good health.
Jun - Sept
Travel documents are in English
Hotel or Guesthouse
Driving per day
200 - 450 km
- 8 nights accommodation in double/twin rooms with private facilities and breakfast
- 7 days car rental (group FG) with unlimited mileage
- Insurance CDW, GP, TP, SCDW
- Airport pick up / drop off fees at Keflavík airport
- Detailed itinerary with multiple daily options
- Optional tours and activities
- Extra d
- Car upgrade to group I or J
- Single room (single travelers and groups with odd numbers must choose the single supplement option during the booking process)