Snæfellsnes & the Diamonds of North Iceland
See the best of Iceland. The pearls of the north and the must sees of the south with a traverse if the highland piste of Kjölur.
Tour code: ISD5
Snæfellsnes, Mývatn and the South
This tour is a showcase of the best that Iceland has to offer. We visit Snaefellsnes peninsula which is like Iceland in miniature. In the north we travel through landscapes shaped by ice-age glaciers and stay in Iceland´s most charming town—Akureyri. One of the main highlights is Lake Myvatn, teeming bird life in volcanic surroundings: craters, lava fields, solfataras and a geothermal lagoon. Travelling south we cross the highlands via Kjolur and end the tour visiting the geysers and waterfalls of South Iceland.
Accessible to all people in good health. Some tours involve walking for total of 1-4 hrs, sometimes on uneven terrain. These tours are most often with out carrying any or very little weight.
Jun - Sept
Travel documents are in English
Hotel or Guesthouse
Driving per day
200 - 450 km
- 8 nights accommodation in double/twin rooms with private facilities and breakfast
- 7 days car rental (group FG) with unlimited mileage
- Insurance CDW, GP, TP, SCDW
- Airport pick up / drop off fees at Keflavík airport
- Detailed itinerary with multiple daily options
- Optional tours and activities
- Extra d
- Car upgrade to group I or J
- Single room (single travelers and groups with odd numbers must choose the single supplement option during the booking process)