Health and Safety Guidelines - Glacier Walks, Ice Climbing and similar day tours
(Updated June 28th, 2021)
Icelandic Mountain Guides are doing everything we can to minimize the risk of infections on our tours so you can enjoy your adventure with ease of mind.
We have gone through all our tour operations with the safety of our guests and staff in mind and this is what we are doing in order to keep locations, transport vehicles, and gear clean and sanitized.
On our tours, our staff members have a responsibility to enforce safety measures to minimize the possibility of spreading COVID-19, benefiting themselves, our guests, and the local population.
On our day tours that do not require coveralls or balaclavas the following guidelines apply:
- Helmets and ice axes are sprayed with sanitizer after each tour.
- In addition to regular cleaning we are surface cleaning and using sanitizers on all our transport vehicles after each tour.
- Hand sanitizers are made available in all our sales offices and on all our buses for our guests to use.
- Our staff performs regular surface cleaning and sanitation at our sales offices.
- While our staff and guides are happy to see you we ask them to greet you with a smile, not a handshake.
- In Skaftafell we operate a shuttle service from our sales house to the glacier. If customers feel more at ease self-driving to the glacier, following our vehicle, they are more than welcome to do so.
More about our response to Covid-19
COVID-19 hotline tel.: 1700